- Privacy Statement
The online privacy statement describes how we treat user data collected during your visit to the Fort Worth Chamber site. The Fort Worth Chamber site is www.fortworthchamber.com and includes all web pages whose domain name contains fortworthchamber.com, fortworthecodev.com, visionfw.com, relocatetofortworth.com, fortworthheritagetrails.com, and business.fortworthchamber.com. This is not the online privacy statement for other Fort Worth Chamber websites that don’t contain these domain names. Neither is it the online privacy statement for other websites (e.g. blogs or social networking sites) where Fort Worth Chamber has a presence, such as Fort Worth Chamber pages on Facebook. Finally, this is not the online privacy statement for the websites of any Fort Worth Chamber affiliate organization. In all of those cases, site-specific privacy terms apply and are posted accordingly.
- What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect two types of Personal Data about you:
Passively Collected Data
Like most websites, we may automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser when you visit our website. The information that we collect with these automated methods may include your IP address, cookie information, browser type, system type, date and time, pages visited, and the referring URL.
We use this type of information to measure and improve the performance of our site. On occasion, we also access this type of information to investigate or maintain the stability and security of our site.
Voluntarily Submitted Data
Certain pages on the Fort Worth Chamber site may invite you to share personally identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, or telephone number. Sharing that information will allow you to make a donation, join our email list, sign a petition, or participate in other similar online activities. Other examples include:
- Marketing Communications. Fort Worth Chamber receives user-submitted Personal Data from users wishing to be sent additional promotional information on Fort Worth Chamber. Such Personal Data includes information such as name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Registering for a Community. When you create an account on Fort Worth Chamber, we collect Personal Data from you including your name, email address, phone number, and social media account information.
- Attending our events. When you register for and/or attend our events, we collect Personal Data including name, phone number, company, title, and email address.
- Job applications. As Part of its recruiting activities, Fort Worth Chamber receives personal Data from users submitting job application materials to be considered for Fort Worth Chamber employment (“Recruiting Data”). This Recruiting Data includes anything that an individual chooses to include, such as a resume or application, and typically consists of job history, education, personal interests and activities, name, email address, phone number, and residence address. Further, Fort Worth Chamber collects gender, race, and military status from employment candidates to assist Fort Worth Chamber in its equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance and related statistical tracking to help our diversity efforts. In connection with job screening activities, Fort Worth Chamber also requests Personal Data sufficient to have background checks conducted prior to hiring.
As mentioned above, some of the Personal Data we receive from you is collected by automated means. Such Personal Data includes:
Personal Data we might receive from other parties:
- From social media sites. Fort Worth Chamber collects data about individuals that is made available to Fort Worth Chamber and other third parties by social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and others through APIs or social media monitoring technology (“Third Party Sites”). This data includes names user IDs social media handles, gender, and other information that individuals choose to make publicly available on social media sites. Fort Worth Chamber monitors the public activities of individuals on social media sites, including posts, blogs, tweets, and profile information.
Additionally, when a Customer provides or accesses information through one of our Services, we may receive information from the Customer’s input of, in response to, or by way of interaction with content generated by the Customer’s use of the services, such as event submissions.
- From Our Customers. We collect information that our Customers provide us to enable them to log on and use the Services. This data consists of Personal Data of the authorized users, company information and configuration, content, internal communications, and notes.
- From third-party websites and partners. We also collect information from partners and other websites (“Visitors”). For example, we ask or engage third parties to tell us additional information about Visitors, such as how they responded to our communication or promotions.
- How do we use your Personal Data?
We use the Personal Data about you that we collect in order to fulfill a range of purposes, including:
- To provide this website and our services
- To maintain and improve this website and our services
- To provide personalized services
- To measure the performance of this website and our services
- To communicate with you
- To protect Fort Worth Chamber, you, our customers, and the public
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To help us provide, maintain, and improve the Site and the Services, and to assess and enhance user experience on the Site and Services. We conduct this processing on the basis of our legitimate interest in ensuring the optimal functionality of our Site and Services.
We may also use a user’s email address to send promotional or marketing materials on related Services, such as updates on the product line, but this is only after the user is a customer, a Service is requested by the user, or Fort Worth Chamber has some other pre-existing business relationship with the user. We use your IP address and browser-type information in the general administration of our website
In the collection and use of information from other social media sites, we rely on our legitimate interests in providing services to our customers and assisting them to provide better service to their customers, under applicable data privacy regulations, and balance those interests with the data privacy concerns of individuals. If you would like more information about our legitimate interests or have concerns that you would like us to address, please contact info@FortWorthchamber.com.
- To ensure the security of our Site and Services. We conduct this processing on the basis or our legitimate interest in promoting the security and safety of the Site and Services, and in protecting our rights and the rights of others.
- To provide the necessary functionality of the Site and Services. We conduct this processing to perform our contract with you for the use of our Site and Services. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we base this processing on our legitimate interest in providing you with the necessary functionality required during your use of our Site and Services.
- To allow social sharing functionality on our Site and Services.
- To manage event registrations and attendance. We conduct this processing based on our legitimate interest in providing our Customers and Users with valuable information on our Site and Services.
- To register visitors to our offices. We conduct this processing on the basis of our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and our confidential information against unauthorized access.
- To identify new Customer opportunities. We process your Personal Data to identify and assess new potential Customer opportunity to the extent that it is in our legitimate interest to ensure that we are meeting the demands of our Customers.
- To manage contests or promotions. If you register for one of our contests or promotions, we process your Personal Data to perform our contract with you. If we have no contract with you, we engage in this processing based on our legitimate interest in running successful contests or promotions for you.
- To send you marketing communications. We process your Personal Data to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions, or events as necessary to further our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent. Please see the “Your rights and options regarding your Personal Data” section, below, to learn about your options regarding the processing of your Personal Data by Fort Worth Chamber for marketing purposes.
- To display personalized advertising and content. We process your Personal Data to conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Site and to provide other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Site and Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent. As stated above, please see the “Your rights and options regarding your Personal Data” section, below, to learn about your options regarding the processing of your Personal Data by Fort Worth Chamber for marketing purposes.
- To protect the rights of Fort Worth Chamber and others.
- To evaluate candidates for employment. In regard to candidates for employment, we use your Recruiting Data for purposes of evaluating candidates for potential employment with Fort Worth Chamber.
- To comply with legal obligations. We process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our websites, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
- In accordance with your consent.
Please note that Fort Worth Chamber may use and disclose data cleansed of all Personal Data so that it no longer can identify the Customer and/or user; and aggregated with similar data from other Fort Worth Chamber Customers (“Aggregated Data”) to determine and report Services usage patterns by Customers and users generally, and for any other legitimate purpose.
Information collected by Fort Worth Chamber from Customers is used solely to provide the Services and as otherwise agreed to in a contract between Fort Worth Chamber and the Customer.